If you are staying in El Paso in summer time, you simply must go to Wet&Wild.
It is a great place to bring your picnic to and spend a hot summer day at. Don't be afraid to bring your camera and cell phones – you can leave them in a locker for a small fee.
Wet&Wild has various rides and slides. Which rides are the best ones? All of them are great, but they are all very different in the extremeness of sensations they give you. For example, while the Super Slide and the Blue Streak are relatively mild, the Alien Vortex is for someone with a really strong stomach. The most breathtaking one, however, is the Screamer, that sends you through the streams of water like a bullet.
Here is a couple of useful tips that will help you have even more fun at Wet&Wild:
1. First of all, if you plan on coming to Wet&Wild more than 3 times in one summer, buy a season pass – it is just 3 times more expensive than a regular one-time pass, so you'll definitely save some money if you plan on taking your family out to Wet&Wild every weekend.
2. If you plan to cook or barbeque at Wet&Wild, bring your own grill. Grills that they have at the place cost around $15, which is enough to buy your own.
3. Wear light shoes or flip-flops. Sometimes climbing on some slides barefooted can be hard because the floor gets very hot in the sun. That is why climbing in shoes and taking them with you down the slide can be more comfortable if the shoes are light.
4. Do not bring glass bottles, glass dishes, or anything made of glass - Wet&Wild has a very strict policies about it.
5. Bring cash – the parking around Wet&Wild costs $2.
Have fun and stay cool!